Thursday, January 24, 2008

Power lunch revisited

Thursday is my short day after a long Monday and a long Tuesday, so today I went out to lunch. I didn't go to a DC power lunch spot, but I did get away from the cafeteria and went here.

It's a new-ish place in an area that used to be one of my favorites in Arlington -- it still is but it's much harder to park there since all of the recent growth. Anyway, this is a restaurant with a mission named from the words of Washington resident Langston Hughes and has an emphasis on social justice, including giving the proceeds of the bookstore section to a charity. There is funky art everywhere, quotes about peace and love embedded in the menu, and a fun lime color scheme. I celebrated my short day with a peanut butter and banana panini. Bad for the waistline, but very good for the soul on this cold January Thursday.

It doesn't hurt that this is right around the corner. Makes seeing a 4 year-old in need of Super Nanny at 5:30 on Tuesdays worth it.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: