Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Whew

Just three short months after the original due date, my colleague and I submitted our draft of a case study/book chapter to the editor. It really wasn't that bad once it got started, but spring fever, team members quitting to move to Canada, etc. mucked up our ability to actually get started. I hate being late for anything, and I really hate not finishing something, so I'm relieved as all get out to have this off of my plate. There will be more to come in re-writes and such, but for now I'm in the clear to enjoy a visit from my sister and her family this weekend (anticipated activities include dinosaurs in 3D and real life, butterflies, and Muppets).

I celebrated by going toy shopping -- trucks from Cars for the little guy to crash on the kitchen floor and chase the cat around with, and the grown ups got a Dance Dance Revolution mat. We plied my brother-in-law with enough wine to actually sing Beyonce during their visit last year, so I'm hoping this year we can get him to bust a move, perhaps while singing Beyonce.


Wrapping up something like this is kind of like the shower after you've been to the gym for the first time in a long while -- you feel really good and wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

No comments: