Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Deja Vu All Over Again


Snowmegeddon? I don't get it - 'snow' sounds nothing like 'arm'. Stormegddon, maybe.

In a nod to one of my favorite movies, I kind of liked Kaiser Snowze.

Today's is the most fitting - Snoverkill.

It's snowing again, as much as another 10 plus inches. I spent as much time yesterday driving to and from doing speech therapy than I did actually doing therapy. In trying to dig out on Sunday I didn't have a shovel but I had a plan - turns out shovels are better than good ideas. People are showing their true colors in all of this, and I'm wishing DC had adopted Boston's policy of being able to "save" a parking space with lounge chairs or whatever for 2 days after the snowfall.

I have had power the whole time despite flickering, I met a nice chatty neighbor who didn't say a word but just started shoveling me a "drive way", and I'm not one of the ones tagged to spend the night at the hospital tonight to guarantee that the inpatients have an uninterrupted experience. Lost is on (really, writers, new characters in the last season?). I have more than enough to eat and even a little wine left over.

Let it snow.

No comments: