Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day


I've spent this Labor Day weekend laboring Saturday and today (I was surprised when I walked into a patient room and they said, "What are you doing here today? Don't you have today off?" - it would have been a good sign but they actually thought it was Christmas..ah well).

I did get to see a few movies (Extract to satisfy my Jason Bateman crush and Cold Souls, with more on that later), watched Mad Men, finished one book (Absurdistan by Gerry Shytengart) and started another (the first of the books that True Blood is based on, beginning my scheduled run of vampire lit). I took a pass at the fantasy roster for Sunday, posted my class lecture for Wednesday, and almost worked the crossword. I ripped out my knitting, again (I'm switching back to a baby blanket to save my sanity). I was a nosy neighbor (more on that soon too). I chased the cat to trim her nails. I made a bad decision when something unusual was leaning up against my car and feel kind of bad about it. I got to spend a few minutes with people I really like who have moved away. I didn't clean the kitchen.

I am done laboring for the day and am looking forward to dinner with K. I also spent a lot of time giggling over this website, so I thought I'd share it with you. Now I'm going to take a nap in honor of all those still laboring.

No comments: